Have you found a good boss?

How do you define a good boss? 

We are referring boss, as the one who pays you your pay cheque every end of the month. Or you may call him the big boss. 

When money is concerned, have you really found a good boss that pays you well? 

I started working from 2004 onwards at the age of 21. In my past 16 years of work life working in both Malaysia and Singapore, based on my 6 different employment history, I would say that it may be easier to find a good superior than a good boss that pays you good money. 

The reality is this. Bosses pay you according to your qualification. Experience is always secondary. You may be very experienced in certain things, more capable than someone that has a higher qualification than you, but the fact is that that person who has a higher qualification than you may be paid more than you. The values, capability, work attitude, character that you are able to provide, no longer worth that much. 

In my past 6 different employments, I worked for small organization that involves less than 15 staffs in the office to mid size manufacturing industries that cover about 300 staffs. However, I have not worked in MNCs before. I am not able to justify how MNCs decide how they pay their workers accordingly.

For small and medium enterprise, more often than not, the company's profit always goes into the bosses' pocket first. In my first job, I can still remember my boss has a collection of sports cars. Buying cars is like buying toys to him. In my previous job (before my current job) in Singapore, my boss move from staying in terrace landed house to a semi-D landed house. Changed a couple of Mercedes for himself and his wife and he had to also pay for the expensive overseas family holiday trip to European country every year. Yet, at the end of the year, he has the guts to tell each and every one the company is not doing well. That's what I have seen before with my own eyes. 

Have you met a good boss that pays you really well? Willing to share the company's profit with you generously at the end of the year? I trust there are still people who have good bosses on top of them taking good care of their staff. Just that that angel has not appear in front of us yet. 

Back to 2020, this is now COVID times. If we are able to still secure or maintain in our existing job is already a blessing in disguise. Everyone is praying that they will survive through this pandemic.   

Comments